Tuesday, July 29, 2008

And then...

I booked another flight back to Boise (to pick up our car,) and, hark, found another van for sale nearby. Gone were the fancy rims and sweet sound system, but, as it turned out, this one had just driven to Seattle from Maryland. Instead of the owner saying “I think it will get you home,” this guy said “Oh yeah, no problem, it will get you back.” So, we decided that its nuances were acceptable, the largest being exorbitantly high mileage that I would prefer not to disclose, and decided that in the end, it drove really well. You didn’t even have to drive with the heat on!! Just in time to get 100% refund from Alaska Air, we were on the road, not in Opus, as I had christened the first VW, but in Clyde. The first seemed like a fine wine, the latter more of a rough work horse. After about 15 hours driving and a short night of sleep in Pocotello, we are back home with Clyde. The dogs are sniffing at him wondering when their bed will be installed and we are eager to make it homey and head on a new adventure. Sorry Earl, your time is up.

No comments: